Thursday, October 13, 2011



Here is  a  painting I did a few years back.  I was inspired by a dream that my friend had and therefore felt the need to make the image come to life on a canvas.

I believe this is where I really acknowledged myself as a painter.  I've painted for a long time ; however, this painting allowed me to break through barriers of what is and isn't suppose to be a work of art.

I still struggle with what is and isn't suppose to be and when I have those criticizing thoughts I remind myself  "Really? It doesn't matter. Just do it."  It is a hard lesson to learn ;but,  that is what art is about.

At one point, during this project I remember streaming blue lines and then black and really seeing the colors of the ocean at night.  

The cat , the ocean, and the moon all resemble our psychic abilities and getting in touch with our emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment